Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 23, 2016

Too Much Pressure

It's footy finals time and Adoring Husband's team, Cronulla Sharks are playing against the Cowboys tonight. I'm watching via the Foxtel app on my iPad and the pressure is intense! Sharks are winning 14 nil at half time, but the Cowboys will not lie down. They will come out fighting in the second half and I fear that the Sharks can be run down from here.

If the Sharks play as well in the second half, and don't spend the entire time trying to defend their score, they should win. Fingers crossed. I'm not sure if my head can stand to watch the second half .. I feel like it's going to explode off my shoulders!!




It's been a quiet day today. I enjoyed a coffee from Zabe Espresso Bar and soaked up some sunshine in the park.

Chicklet and I played Superheroes. She chose to be 'Huntress' ...


... and she selected 'Blue Beetle' for me!


We also did lots of artwork today, with sticker pictures and drawings.

No Minecraft, but we did spend a little time playing Plants V Zombies.

It's been a happy day with lots of giggling and our new giggle trigger is a funny voice saying "ET phone home" with our index fingers touching.

Now, I must go and watch the remaining 27 minutes of the Sharks game and will them over the line. The score is now 20-6 to Sharks.

Nite all.

No comments: