Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Return Trip Home

I'm heading back home tomorrow, for five sleeps.

At the end of tonight's shift, the Bare-chested Chef is officially on holidays, so he has planned a few adventures for he and Chicklet over the coming week.

Chicklet is not happy that I am leaving, but I'm sure she will have a good time with her Dadu and will be excited to see me again next weekend. No doubt she will have honed her Minecraft skills by the time I return and she will have some more to teach me.

Minecraft update: I am now a Knight with shining armour and I have a horse of my own! I have learned to gallop around the golden castle, weaving in and out between the forest trees. I have learned that I cannot sleep in my bed 'with' my horse and that I have to dismount my trusty steed first!

We didn't play for very long today. Once again, Chicklet's iPad ran out of charge soon after we began playing. Minecraft uses the battery up very quickly, and she had been creating a new world with her Dadu earlier in the day.

Most of our day was spent at the kitchen table drawing pictures.

Chicklet has created two 'travelling lizard' characters and has drawn a series of pictures with the lizards holidaying in various locations. They have a tent to camp in and today they holidayed on a farm, at the beach, in the forest, in space, on a mountain etc.

She also drew this spider ...


Coloured in Cat Woman from the Day 7 envelope ...


Today's drawing request 'A superhero monkey riding a bicycle on the moon'.


... and finally, for lunch today, a poor attempt at a Minion.


We also played Superheroes vs Joker for quite some time after lunch.

I didn't suggest the park today, because it's Sunday, and I didn't want to have to compete with other kids for the use of the facilities. 

Time for me to sleep. Big day tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: