Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 25, 2016

One More Sleep

This babysitting gig is over *insert sad face here*

I can't wait to return to Adoring Husband and sleep in my own bed tomorrow night *insert happy face here*

It's all kind of bitter sweet.

Chicklet fell asleep tonight with her arms wrapped tightly around my arm. The first time I attempted to slide my arm out, she stirred and squeezed even tighter! It took another two attempts before I could escape her clutches!

Our superhero characters today were Spiderman (me) and Flash (Chicklet). My arms were incredibly tired from reaching and stretching to create my stringy web to swing from the ceiling.

We watched the Lego movie again this morning. Created lots of artwork for Mama. Ate our final creative lunch, which was plants from the 'Plants v Zombies' game plus a mouse eating a cracker ...


... played Plants v Zombies (of course).

When Dadu came home for his work break, I took the opportunity to hibernate in my bedroom for an hour to catch my breath ready for the second shift this afternoon. The afternoon shift is always shorter than the morning, but involves play, dinner, bath, storytime and bed. Timing is of the essence! We generally run pretty smoothly though and she enjoys her routine.

Her favourite book for the entire two weeks that I've babysat (I had a week in the middle at home), has been 'My Farm' by Alison Lester.  Except for the first night when I read a disappointing dragon book, 'My Farm' is the only book that I've read the entire time. She just about knows the words off by heart - depending on what character she falls asleep as - for example, tonight she fell asleep as a dragon and because the dragon had never heard the book before, she didn't know any of the words.

Chicklet and Dadu are very excited about Vegan Chickie coming home .. especially Dadu, who has been declaring a countdown every day for the last three days with a 'wahoo' at the end.

Anyway, now I am going to study Netflix and see what I can fall asleep to tonight. I may just rewatch some 'Grace and Frankie'. It's always good for a laugh.

Nite all.

No comments: