Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Footy Finals

Wahoo!!

Up! Up! Cronulla! The boys in the black, white and blue.
Up! Up! Cronulla! The name of the Sharks fit you.
Sharks! Sharks! forever. Go out and play without fear.
Now's the time to see good football, cause the Sharks are here!
Up the Sharks!

That was for Adoring Husband's benefit :) His beloved Sharks defeated the Canberra Raiders tonight in their first finals game! One down, two to go.

As I sit up in bed typing this, the rain is pelting down outside. There are a few storm cells passing over us this evening, but I don't expect it to last for more than an hour or two. I'm looking forward to falling asleep to the sound of the rain tonight.

Minecraft update: We only played Minecraft for about twenty minutes today, when Chicklet's iPad went dead. She'd used up all the charge on her battery!

Right at that moment, she decided that she was starving! So I made her a snack to eat while I prepared dinner.

Our Day 6 envelope contained a Superman lego figurine and the requested drawing was 'Bozzy Wozzy flying a kite while standing on the roof of our house' - I still didn't take a photo of it! I must remember to do that.

The colouring in sheet was the Triumphal Arch (I think). There were cardboard press outs of 'camouflage woman' and 'abracadabra' (I've never heard of them before) as well as a cityscape by night.

For lunch today, I created Wonder Woman (kinda/sorta) ...


Note the star on her headband and the lasso, which is made of a long bean and an egg ring. I never tell Chicklet what it is before I give her the plate. She doesn't even know I'm doing it, til she sits down to eat. She saw the star and knew immediately who it was!

I seemed to play a lot of the Minion game and Plants v Zombies on my iPad, while Chicklet lay on the bed watching and encouraging. The rain prevented us from going to the park, but hopefully we'll have a clear day tomorrow.

Today, Vegan Chickie flew to Vienna ...


She's having a great time and loving every second, although her feet are sore from so much walking and she's quite tired from fitting so much in to such a short period of time.

Tomorrow night, she flies to Amsterdam!

Sleep time for me ...

Nite all.

No comments: