Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 1, 2016

A Bit of Programming

I have been very unwell all afternoon. I don't know if it was something that I ate, but my tummy has been very unhappy for a good six hours now and it's most unpleasant.

It's well after midnight and I've wanted to go to bed for some time, but I was just too uncomfortable. I am now much improved, so I'm heading to bed momentarily.

Adoring Husband is on SES duty, as a deliberately lit bushfire roars out of control in our local area. We can see the glow of the flames from our house, but luckily, the weather is quite mild with no strong winds, so hopefully they can control it soon. AH expects to be out all night.

I found this very interesting video this evening ...



The need to conform is strong in some people, less so in others, but this is quite confronting and makes you think! Well, I HOPE it makes you think! I think we need fewer conformists and more rebels or free thinkers.

Anyway, the psychotic dogs are harassing me to go to bed, so I'm off.

Nite all.

No comments: