Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 22, 2016

Shop til we Drop

Adoring Husband had a busy day today, so the kids and I went in to The Bay for some retail therapy.

Each time we left a shop with arms full of shopping bags, Knight in Shining Armour would take the bags to the car and we would start again!

Because of this tactic, we didn't feel like we did that much shopping ... until we arrived home and began emptying the car!!

It felt like the week before Christmas .. you know how you rush out to buy those last minute gifts? The car was chocka-block!!

I ALMOST bought two pairs of shoes. Common sense prevailed.

It was a full day of shopping and I think that I almost wore the kids out ... rookies. I'm yet to find anyone who can outshop me and still have energy to burn haha!!

We have a day of fun planned for tomorrow, which I will explain in full at the end of the day and I hope to have some interesting pics to share as well.

Last night I binge watched 'Grace and Frankie' on Netflix (thanks to Bubbles) and I still have more episodes to watch. It stars Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda and Martin Sheen and is only available for viewing on Netflix. What a great show! I watched it for four hours!

Thanks to the Cronulla Sharks football team, I missed a perfect round in the footy tipping this week (along with 11 other people!). Not happy Jan!

I'm off to watch some more G&F (even though I have a big day tomorrow) because I'm hooked.

Nite all.

No comments: