Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Pausing the Binge

I am not binge watching tonight! Tempting though it is! I need a good night's sleep. Frankie and Grace will have to wait.

Surprisingly, after yesterday's activities in Bundaberg, the kids are feeling the pain today. They discovered muscles where they forgot they had muscles. Even more surprisingly, Adoring Husband and I are not!

Our own Australian version of Cards Against Humanity arrived in the mail today, so we played for a few hours this afternoon. Best Cousin in the World is visiting us tomorrow, to meet Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour, so we plan on introducing her and Marco Polo to the game. I hope that their sense of humour is as sick as I imagine it to be!

AH and I spent the morning in The Bay attending the yearly financial planner appointment. Quite dull really.

The weather has turned from glorious mild Wintry sunshine, to overcast with intermittent downpours of cool rain and bursts of gale force winds. Tomorrow is going to be 5C cooler than today, which is fine by me. I LOVE the cooler weather. It will be nice to lie in bed late again tomorrow and perhaps Adoring Husband will bring me coffee to start my day on a perfectly wonderful note!

Tomorrow marks the beginning of a busy few days for us, so I'd like to start it in my happy place :)

Right now, it's time to drag the psychotic dogs out of Bubble's and KISA's room and put them to bed. Then it's time for me to follow suit. My pillow awaits me.

Nite all.

No comments: