Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Just Quietly

It has been a cold and windy Wintry day, and I had to pedal to work during the coldest part of the morning. I even wore my gloves!

It was so cold, that I returned home and climbed straight back into my bed!

I stayed there til 11am, at which point I figured it was time to go check the mail and buy myself a coffee.

I need to give thanks to two lovely friends.

Thank you Rebel Mardi and Lifesaver for buying and delivering my chookie food today. The girls were very grateful and asked me to pass on a 'cluck bukark' to you!

Thank you also, to The Blonde Bombshell for offering your taxi services to me for when Knight in Shining Armour arrives in the big silver bird in just over a week. I appreciate your kindness.

My sister, Squirt, shared this video on Facebook today and it brought a big smile to my face. I reckon, with a bit of practise, Adoring Husband and I would be able to do this dance together. I might have to lose about 10kg to be light enough for him to lift me for that end move though! He also might need to do some weight training lol.



... and it's good night from me.

Nite all.

No comments: