Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Cinematic Disappointment

Before heading off the movies this morning, I had my usual Wednesday morning tea with the ladies. Only four of us this morning because the other four are out of town enjoying holidays, road trips and great grandchildren. It was still a fun morning. It doesn't matter how many of us are there, we always manage to have a good laugh.

I left morning tea a touch earlier than usual, because the family had planned a trip to the cinema.  

Don't go see 'Suicide Squad'.

It is not worthy of 145 minutes of your valuable time.

Margot Robbie (who is Australian) is the only actor, in a sea of famous names, who was good. Her character (Harley Quinn) was my favourite in the movie. For all the hype about Jared Leto playing The Joker, he was the biggest disappointment.

All of the jokes and one liners fell flat. The special effects weren't that great. The storyline was pretty woeful. The acting was poor. The characters were bland. Adoring Husband slept through a good portion of it and I admit that at about the one hour mark, I dozed momentarily and had to sit forward in the seat to stop myself from falling asleep.

Even the music, which is what attracted me to the movie in the first place, was disappointing.

This movie had the potential to be better than ok, but fell way short of my expectations.

After the movie, we picked up my framed photo from the framers ...


... did some grocery shopping, bought some take away coffees and then headed home.

Crispy skinned chicken with vegetables for dinner and then another quick game of Cards Against Humanity.

Everyone is now in bed as I write this and we plan on a trip to Maryborough tomorrow for the markets, a visit to the Art Gallery and possibly a game of ten pin bowling.

So this is my brief post before climbing into bed for some much needed sleep. Two nights at 2am with early morning rises, is catching up to me and I'm feeling very weary.

Nite all.

No comments: