Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 22, 2016

Catch Up Sunday

Can you believe that I stayed in bed til lunch time today!?

I had an early night, but slept til 9am and then stayed in bed until after noon, reading and playing games on my iPad. It was especially nice because of the mild Winter weather.

By the time I got up, I had just enough time to do a baked Sunday dinner of butterflied lamb with veg and gravy, before getting ready for drinks at The Blonde Bombshell's house.

Bubbles and I spent a couple of hours enjoying the company of my good friends before texting Adoring Husband to come pick us up. We took the Cards Against Humanity game with us because I thought we would all get a good laugh, but Chef Pat was in attendance and her poor eyesight prevents her from reading ... I don't think she would have enjoyed sitting on the side lines watching us play this crude game.

We all had a light dinner and then laughed over some more Cards Against Humanity.

I've enjoyed my day of rest.

A big week has been planned for the remainder of our time with Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour, so I'd best get some beauty sleep. It's after 1.30am!!

Nite all.

No comments: