Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Cards are Bad

There's a new game in the world.

It's called Cards Against Humanity.

It's as bad as the name suggests and is described as 'a party game for horrible people'.

Adoring Husband and I must be horrible people, because we even shocked Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour.

So much laughter. Laughing in shock and disbelief. Laughing in disgust. Laughing with genuine hilarity. Laughing uncontrollably.

I was expecting to struggle through the game and be offended and possibly quit well before the game was over, but much hilarity ensued and the competition was fierce.

AH stayed up for three hours longer than usual, even after a late night last night, and in the end, he was forced to go to bed because he felt like he might collapse.

It's been a long time since I've heard him laugh like that, and quite often I had to take his card and read it for him, because he was incapable of reading through his hysteria. It was good to hear, and my cheeks are sore from laughing and smiling.

A good night was had by all.

Now it's time for bed because we have a big day planned for tomorrow.

Nite all.

PS I was the winner!!

No comments: