Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Who Knew?

Who knew that having a poster sized photo professionally framed, would be so expensive???

It's been almost four years since we dealt with a picture framer, and that was when a lovely lady bought one of my photos during my photography exhibit (I can't believe it's been four years!) in Maryborough and she asked for it to be professionally framed. So in our minds, we had an approximate price figured out.

Admittedly, we DID select a nice white, shabby chic style frame, and the photo IS 30 inches X 40 inches, but the quote was a LOT more than we expected .. and that was with the less expensive glass. The latest 'you beaut' clear, non-reflective glass would have cost an extra $120 on top of the quote that we accepted!

This is the photo.


So, this will be our one and only oddly sized photo framing exercise. From now on, we will select standard sized frames for standard sized photos ... unless I take THE MOST AMAZING photo of a lightning strike or an eagle swooping on prey or something extraordinary!

Watch this space in ten days time, when I show you the result!

I had a good night at the club tonight, with a bit of luck on the keno and the pokies. We ladies all turned up wearing black and white. Completely unplanned.


It's well after midnight, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: