Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Weekend Warrior

It's been a very busy weekend for Adoring Husband and I.

We have family arriving this week, so we took the opportunity to do some things around the house, that we have been putting off for quite some time.

I actually spent more time in the kitchen, so AH has done the most work in the rest of the house. Aren't I lucky? Some husbands aren't quite so accommodating! I won't name names ... you know who you are ... and if you're not reading this, your wives know who you are!! Haha!

It's almost been a complete spring clean, but tomorrow will be a rush to get it all finished because they are arriving a day earlier than originally planned!

Another cousin (best cousin in the world), who has just moved from Julia Creek to a property near Gympie, is having a birthday this weekend. She messaged me to see what we were doing on Saturday night and I invited her to join us all here to celebrate her birthday.

I was hoping to convince my sister (squirt) to join us as well, but unfortunately she has other plans. It's a shame because these two cousins were very close to her in her younger days - their ages are much closer to her than me - because I'm an old fart.

Anyway, we should have a lot of fun on Saturday night. I have balloons and party hats and I'll surprise her with a cake - I'm pretty sure that she doesn't read this blog, but if she does, then the cake won't be such a surprise will it?

There will be wine and food and music and balloons and hats and cake and love and laughter. That should be enough for one birthday party.

I finally finished the curried chicken today and the oxtail casserole, then returned the bones to the slow cooker to make up some bone broth. I also did some more Hainan Chicken. I delivered five of these meals to Mum H who today celebrated her 74th birthday.

For a couple of weeks, she had been struggling with her health and was feeling very down and out, but her new medication has kicked in and she was in very good spirits today. It was good to see her almost back to her old self.

Unusually so, Wimbledon has live tennis today. The middle Sunday is usually a rest day, but there has been so much rain, they are running behind with matches, so today is catch up day. I might even get to see Kyrgios finish his match which was suspended last night due to rain.

So this is where I leave you.

Nite all.

No comments: