Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Se7en Hours

Yes, seven hours of emptying, filling, moving, rearranging, cleaning, pushing, pulling, sliding, hanging, deconstructing, reconstructing and debating.

We moved the bedroom to the garage, the study to the bedroom, the dining room to the old study and the leftovers to the old dining room.

Adoring Husband and I are struggling to get our moving body parts to move right now.

I should have worn a pedometer today, because we walked from one end of the house to the other, hundreds of times, and in bare feet on the tiled floor, which isn't very good for the feet, knees, hips and back!

I stopped briefly at 3pm to eat 3 chicken wings, but we powered on for 7 hours.

My original plan for today was to spend some quality time learning how to chalk paint and creating strings of beads to hang on my bohemian curtain.

But AH had other ideas.

He brought my coffee into the bedroom this morning and then disappeared. By the time I got out of bed at about 9am, he had emptied all of the furniture out of the back bedroom and that meant we were committed to completing the room switch.

Here are some photos of our progress. Firstly the study converted into the dining room ...






Secondly, the bedroom almost converted to a study. I have progressed further than this, but there is still quite a way to go yet. It will take me all day tomorrow to finish, so the final photos will be posted here tomorrow.




I pulled the plug at 4.50pm and refused to do any more, but sitting down was a big mistake because every part of my body seized up and I still had to make dinner! Luckily, we had some leftover chicken wings, so I made up a salad to go with them and then we had strawberries and leftover choc avocado mousse for dessert.

Of course, an alcoholic beverage was well deserved after such a labour intensive day!

I'm pretty sure that we'll both sleep well tonight. As you can see, it's just after 9.30pm as I finish this post and we are currently watching the end of the original Ghostbusters movie ... I have to say that the latest movie with Melissa McCarthy, for me, is far better than the original.

I thought you might enjoy some Celine Dion fun ...



On that note, I'm outta here.

Nite all.

No comments: