Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Party Time

I woke up at 8am, to discover a coffee on my bedside table ... thank you Adoring Husband.

Even though I had a stack of things to do, I didn't get out of bed til after 9am and decided at 9.30am that I had to attend the local markets to get some more coconut mango lime balsamic vinegar. The woman on the stall had a LOT more stock to show this week, and I bought some Asian oil and some Wasabi Dukkah.

There was a new stall in the hall where I bought some Aloe Vera juice too.

I picked up a couple more groceries from the local shop and headed home at about 10.20am.

I had four hours to complete my set tasks, but ran out of time and the last two things on my list didn't get done.

  • Pear, rocket, feta and walnut salad
  • Garden salad
  • Moroccan carrot salad
  • Rice Salad
  • Potato Salad
  • Guacamole with vegetable sticks - capsicum, celery, cucumber and carrot
  • Cheese platter with strawberries and smoked salmon
  • Smoked salmon & cream cheese roll ups on cucumber discs
  • One plate of GF crackers and dip
  • One bowl of potato chips
  • Cabanossi
  • 20 Red velvet cupcakes, iced and topped with toffeed pecans 
  • Pork & chicken meatballs
  • Chicken liver pate
I didn't get photos of everything but here's a couple ...




I blew up 3 red balloons and set Best Cousin in the World's present (a good bottle of Merlot) on the table with her card and party hat. I set both the dining table and the outside table because we weren't sure how the temperature would hold out for the evening.

We ended up staying outside for the entire night. Everyone, except BCITW and I, were in bed by about 10pm. We sat up til midnight solving some of the world's problems.

The food went down a treat and Adoring Husband did a cracker of a job cooking all our meat on the barbecue.

Between us all, we drank five bottles of wine and about ten stubbies of beer. That's not bad for six adults! Only one of us was a little the worse for wear by bed time .. and it wasn't me!

I had a really nice night. BCITW and I decided it was bed time at about 12.30am, but it's now almost 1.30am!

Chunky's team made it into the Grand Final today, but unfortunately lost it 7-5. Thankfully, he wasn't too upset about it, but Mum needed a stiff drink to drown her sorrows!

It's time for me to get some much needed sleep.

Nite all.

1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

What a great cousin you are Roz, and what a feast! 🎂🎂🎂