Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Movie + Therapy

I had a very good day today, with Adoring Husband.

"Independence Day: Resurgence" was a great movie! I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially Liam Hemsworth, and even though I was never a fan of Jeff Goldblum, in my eyes, he has improved with age and having seen a couple of his interviews, I have definitely warmed to him.

The special effects were pretty amazing too.

My bucket list of movies has grown somewhat:

  • Ghostbusters
  • The Legend of Tarzan
  • Star Trek Beyond
  • Central Intelligence
  • Bad Moms
  • Bridget Jones' Baby
  • Dr Strange
  • Finding Dory
Half of these haven't even been released yet, but there are four from the list that I need to see in the next couple of weeks before they finish.


My retail therapist called after the movie, so AH dropped me off at Stocklands, while he visited the dreaded Bunnings, and I enjoyed an hour of therapy.


We picked up the FROG box on the way home and I cooked a late lunch/early dinner because AH has SES training tonight.

Sadly, Queensland lost the State of Origin game last night. Some controversial decisions were made by the refs, which are still being discussed by various media outlets today, but to me, it really doesn't matter, because QLD won the series and the game meant little. Apologies to any NSW supporters out there who are basking in the glory (that would be Adoring Husband!).

How many of these videos have you watched? Check out how they were made and how you got tricked!!



Gotta get to bed before I turn into a pumpkin.

Nite all.

No comments: