Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Midday Rising

Yes, that's what time I chose to start my day.

My good intentions of going to bed at the early hour that I announced last night, kind of fell by the wayside, when I got all involved in the idiot box and those TV shows that I mentioned. It was almost 1am when the TV screen went black and I immediately fell into a deep sleep.

So, it was 8.15am when I opened my eyes and Adoring Husband kindly heated up a cup of chicken bone broth for me, so that I could sit in bed reading and facebooking and youtubing and generally having a gloriously lazy and blissful start to my day.

At midday, I showered and dressed and hopped on my trike for a ride in the sunshine ... and oh what a perfectly wonderful day it was outside! The temperature was mild, the breeze was slight and the sun was putting a sparkle in my world.

I took the long way to the shops where I bought a few items, including a coffee, and then I took the long way home. While I was riding, I closed my eyes and raised my face to the sunshine ... how lucky that I live in a quiet little town, where I can do that with a low degree of risk! It felt good.

Adoring Husband and I watched the two Miss Congeniality movies this afternoon. They were a bit of fun.

I thought you might find this story an interesting read ... My Story ... it's one of those 'let food be thy medicine' success stories. I love reading them. They are inspiring and give me hope for our future.

Well, again, it's after midnight. Adoring Husband doesn't like it when I post after midnight. He gets confused with the dates!

Nite all.

No comments: