Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Another Date!

Another date day with Adoring Husband today.

We watched the new Star Trek Beyond movie and loved it. AH is a huge Trekky (although he doesn't dress up like the real Trekkies) and he declared it to be the best Star Trek movie yet!! I thought it was a touch long, but I enjoyed it very much ... and I am NOT a Star Trek fan.

Afterwards, we had a couple of hours to kill before picking up our FROG box, so we decided to lunch at Aquavue, not realising that their renovations have moved into the kitchen area, so there is only basic food available, like sandwiches and wraps and such.

We moved on and because we had such a a good car park, decided to check out the cafes and restaurants across the road.

We stumbled upon Cafe Tapas, which looked interesting from the outside, with mood lighting and a variety of seating areas to choose from. The menu showed that there were GF options, so we took the plunge and tried something new!

We chose three dishes. Lamb cutlets with pesto sauce, skewered king prawns and button mushrooms stuffed with blue cheese.

Absolutely delicious. The male waiter who served us was very efficient and friendly. The seating was comfortable. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the background music was easy listening. We were pretty happy with our choice and will probably return for future lunches. It won't be our favourite, the way Aquavue is, but it will certainly go on the 'good option' page.

We were home by 2.30pm and I put Hanain Chicken on for dinner. We spent the next couple of hours in separate areas of the house, reading! Adoring Husband sat in the Alfresco area drinking coffee and reading a book, while I sat up in bed with coffee and a good book! We've never done that before, but the peace was lovely ... AH usually has the TV blaring most days.

While AH was at SES training tonight, I got to chat briefly with Chicklet and Vegan Chickie. We talked about the movie 'Ghostbusters', which AH and I are going to see tomorrow. VC has given it an excellent review, so I'm looking forward to it.

Meanwhile, AH's Mum was admitted to hospital with a twisted bowel earlier in the week. They seem to have fixed the problem, but she has not coped well with being there. She panics and her dementia becomes considerably worse, so it is difficult, if not impossible, to treat her because she cannot communicate and she becomes aggressive toward the staff. It's a very tricky situation.

Well, we have another early start tomorrow, with yet another list of errands to run, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: