Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 7, 2016

A Day in the Bay

We had a couple of false starts, but eventually, we arrived in The Bay to enjoy a delicious lunch at Aquavue on this glorious day.

The kids took advantage of the sunshine and walked along the beach after lunch, while Adoring Husband and I visited our favourite shop for ice cream! We bought two tubs of Raw Chocolate Coconut Ice cream, because there was no salted caramel in stock *insert very sad face here*, but they DID have something new!

A box of 4 ice creams .. very similar to Magnums .. but with coconut ice cream! Coated in delicious dairy free chocolate and almonds. Adoring Husband and I ate all four of them in the space of about twenty minutes!

We arrived home at about 4pm, at which time I got straight onto dinner. Our new favourite, Hainan Chicken was on the menu tonight and it was a winner! The kids gobbled it down pretty fast and were excited to have dessert waiting for them.

Chocolate mousse made with avocado, covering a layer of chopped strawberries and then topped with a whole strawberry, a scoop of raw chocolate coconut ice cream and sprinkled with crumbled freeze dried strawberries. Completely devoured!

So everybody left the table totally satisfied .. except for me! I was SOOOOO full, it has taken four hours for my body to finally feel comfortable!

The men in the house, did the dishes and tidied the kitchen when we were finished eating ...


Everybody, except me, headed to bed for an early night. The family need to be in The Bay at 7.30am for a start to their touch football carnival, but luckily I get to stay warm and toasty in my cosy bed til I'm ready to rise.

I must admit that I am feeling decidedly weary tonight. It has already been a big week and as I sit here watching my favourite, Roger Federer, losing his quarter final tennis match, I'm thinking about my warm bed.

It's fifteen minutes away from midnight. It will definitely NOT be a 3am finish for me tonight.

I got distracted and now it's ten minutes past midnight!!

Nite all.

No comments: