Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 24, 2016

Where did it go?

Where did my day go?

I left for work at 6.20am and afterwards rode to the Seat of Knowledge to see the boys. I bought my coffee and some ingredients for my chicken dinner. I prepared my chicken dinner (three days worth of chicken dinner). I watched a movie.

Chicken, ginger, shallots and coriander ready to be poached.

Suddenly, it was time to get ready to go to the club!

I feel like I blinked and half of the day disappeared!

Tomorrow is going to be interesting. The weather forecast is for a temperature range of 7C - 19C which is incredibly cold for this neck of the woods. I can already feel a chill in the air.

I have plans with The Motivator early tomorrow, so I need to leave the house at 6am to get my work done and return home to get dressed and be ready to get picked up at 7.15am.

I have my warm clothes and gloves all ready for work and then my outfit ready to go out. I can't believe that I will need my coat and a scarf! I need to be very organised because time will be of the essence!

It's almost 11pm, so I should attempt to get a good night's sleep so that I don't struggle to get out of bed in the morning.

Nite all.


No comments: