Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 20, 2016

Time Flies

I visited The Motivator this morning to get some coriander that she'd offered me yesterday.

Two hours later ...

It was well after lunch and poor Adoring Husband had given up on me and had driven to the butcher to buy meat to cook for his lunch! Woops!

I made up for it by cooking up a big meal of chops, bacon, eggs, tomato and mushrooms. I also juiced up some oranges and pineapple and added some ginger and pear kimchi. Delicious.

This morning before I rode to get my coffee, I culled some of my wardrobe and took 25 items out, so that I could hang the 32 items that I'd ironed yesterday. I already have about 50 items in a bag, also waiting for the epic 'ladies only' garage sale!

A couple of the other girls have talked about going through their wardrobes too, so it could be the event of the season! Clothes, shoes, handbags, jewellery, scarves and accessories. Might ask the mobile coffee girl to park on the front lawn and I can make some delicious paleo sweets for the morning session and put the wine on ice ready for the afternoon session!

Sounds like fun.

This also sounds like fun ...


Directions:  Scoop the flesh of the avocado into the bowl of a food processor and pulse to gently break up flesh. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until everything is combined and creamy. Pour into moulds and place in the freezer for a minimum of 5 hours.

Healthy and delicious!

I'm going to make them while Adoring Husband is away. If they are really good, I will get to eat a whole batch myself! I promise to make a 'welcome home' batch if I think they're worth it.

Anyway, I'm off for an early night. Time seemed to slip away last night and it was after 2am when I finally got to sleep. I need to catch up tonight.

Nite all.

No comments: