Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sickly Sunday

Well, thank goodness the doTERRA ICE blue rub and some magnesium oil took most of my muscle pain away overnight. I only have a slight niggling pain when I stand up now and it doesn't hurt to walk.

I used the doTERRA rub three times yesterday, the last time was immediately before bed when I sprayed the magnesium oil on first, followed by the rub. I'm impressed with it's effectiveness.

I think I mentioned that four of the ladies were ill while we were away and one of them, with the flu, was sharing our apartment.

It seems that my body was working so hard to fix the muscle pain, that my immune system weakened and I am now experiencing some of the early signs of the flu.

You know that raw uncomfortable feeling in the back of the throat and intermittent runny nose?

I'm pumping myself full of raw garlic (antibacterial, vitamin C and potassium) which I'm chewing and swallowing slowly, so that the antibacterial properties have a chance to touch the tender area of my throat. I follow that with a teaspoon of raw honey.

I've doubled my probiotic (because healing begins in the gut) and my vitamin C intake.

I blended a big batch of

  • watermelon - vitamin C for immune support
  • organic pineapple - the enzyme bromelain and vitamin C, both of which encourage healing
  • organic ginger - which has broad spectrum antibacterial, antiviral and antioxidant properties
  • organic lemon - vitamin C and flavonoids to fight infection
  • organic strawberries - providing lots of antioxidants like vitamin C for boosting the immune system.
I'm diffusing francincense essential oil to promote healing.

I'm drinking home made chicken broth with turmeric (anti-inflammatory) stirred through it.

Lots of filtered water to keep my body hydrated.

I will definitely have an early night and hopefully some good solid sleep will give my body the final surge of healing power so that I wake up tomorrow as good as new!

So that's the continuing saga of my health - thankfully, none of it is serious and can be easily healed and hopefully, the sun will be out tomorrow so that I can soak up some healing vitamin D.

Nite all.

No comments: