Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Out and About

After four days of self imposed quarantine, I rode to our meeting place and sat with four of the girls for morning tea, which was really lovely, and then I visited The Motivator. I haven't seen her for about six weeks. She was away for a month and then I was away for ten days and for the last few days, I didn't want to pass on any of my germs.

We had some good Paleo discussions, because she has decided to give that a try, and we had lots of catching up to do with plenty of news to share. She lent me her Pete Evans 'One Pot Favourites' recipe book, and I've selected a couple of those recipes to photocopy and use later, and I will loan her my recipe books to make her paleo journey a bit easier.

It was 1pm by the time I arrived home. Luckily, I had oxtail casserole in the slow cooker ready for lunch.

I had choko, sweet potato, onion, carrot, celery and garlic in the slow cooker with the meat, so I put all of those vegetables and some of the stock in the blender and blended it into a delicious thick sauce. Then I put the oxtail pieces into a saucepan with the sauce and reheated it all.

After I took the meat off, I put the bones back in the slow cooker with the remaining stock, added some more vegetables and water and they will cook for a further twelve hours to make a delicious and rich beef bone broth.

With all of the immune boosting goodness that I've been pumping into my body, I forgot about my black seed oil! I found it this morning and took half a teaspoon of it. I felt a difference within thirty minutes! They say it cures everything except death!

Adoring Husband informed me this afternoon that his throat was feeling a bit tender, so I pumped him full of vitamin C, probiotics, honey/lemon/ginger drink, chicken bone broth and half a teaspoon of black seed oil. By the time he went to bed, he said the tenderness had gone! Let's hope it's gone for good and it doesn't sneak it's ugly head back in tomorrow.

I've invited AH to the movies with me to see The Nice Guys tomorrow. I've heard all good reviews so far, from friends, so I'm looking forward to seeing it.

There was no phone call from Chicklet this afternoon, so she must have been too worn out. She'll have double the stories to tell tomorrow! I hope she got to meet Batman.

Two more scarves arrived today.

It will be an early night again for me. Look at this! Finished by 8.30pm!

Nite all.  

No comments: