Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

One More Sleep

I'm very close to being fully packed. I just need to put into the suitcase, the make-up and toiletries that I'll use to get ready in the morning, so it's all good! I am surprisingly well organised.

I enjoyed morning tea with the girls today. As predicted, they all had fabulous holiday stories to tell and they obviously had a great time on each of their trips away. There were six of us until The Speckled Hen and her daughter and grandson appeared, so our table was very full and very loud!

It was quite late in the morning, by the time we all went our separate ways.

I cooked up a big batch of beef ribs, some in the slow cooker and some in the oven. That was our quick easy dinner in preparation for State of Origin tonight. Yes, it's that time again! The first of three State of Origin games! I even delayed my trip away, so that I could watch the game with Adoring Husband.

It's our thing.

He supports NSW and I support QLD.

This is where I get to brag that since we've been together, his team has only won three series' and my team have won nine. Yay us!

I need to go now and get my State of Origin gear on. Adoring Husband has been wearing his blues gear all day and is fully prepared already.

Talk to you from the Sunny Coast tomorrow night.

Go QUEENSLANDERS!

This is a photo that I posted yesterday of a sunset on the river here...


I thought I'd show you the 'before' photo. It really wasn't much of a sunset and this is straight from the camera (actually this photo was taken ten seconds before the top one, but is identical except for some space on the right) ...


I'm just a rookie photoshopper and have no idea how to use anything but the basic tools in the program.

So now you know.

Nite all.

No comments: