Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 10, 2016

Home Sweet Home

It took Woman of Many Talents and I about six hours to drive home from the Gold Coast today, but we had four stops along the way.

The traffic was quite heavy, so even though we had an uneventful trip, the speed fluctuated as the traffic conditions changed throughout the trip.

When we got to the north side of Brisbane, there was an accident on the southbound freeway and the traffic was at a standstill for many kilometres. We were very grateful to be on the other side of the road and going in the opposite direction.

Woman of Many Talents had been very sick for the entire four days that we were away. She was in bed for most of it and had to visit a doctor and have blood tests, take antibiotics and keep rested. Luckily, she had recovered well enough to drive home and we planned for frequent stops so that she wouldn't tire and regress.

We stopped at Forest Glen and had brunch and a drink at the Organic Food Market cafe, then we did some shopping in the marketplace. It's one of the my favourite places on the planet because it sells all of the things that are important to me.

Fresh organic food, gut healing drinks, wild caught salmon, good quality supplements and probiotics, coconut yoghurt and ice cream, paleo foods, kombucha, kimchi, great books, organic make up and skin care ranges, essential oils, non toxic cleaning products etc etc.

I also bought half a dozen cakes from the cafe to bring home to Adoring Husband. They are all organic, gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and are absolutely delicious. I cut them all in half and we are eating them at our leisure. My favourite is the chocolate chia cake. YUM!

I had a bit over an hour when I got home, to catch up with AH, unpack and then get ready for the club tonight.

It was a quiet night with only four ladies at the table and one of us was lucky .. it wasn't me.

I am very much looking forward to sleeping in my bed tonight, so I'm signing off here!

It's good to be home.

Nite all.

No comments: