Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 27, 2016

He Returns

Adoring Husband has arrived home on a high. He had a good time in Sydney, catching up with his Mum, who, unfortunately has dementia and no longer recognises him - but it's important that he connect with her a couple of times a year and do whatever he can to provide her with the comforts of home.

She is 99 years young and even though she is looking a little more frail each time he sees her, she still possesses a very strong constitution and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she lived for another ten years!

AH also caught up with some old friends and had a good time with everyone that he contacted, including my youngest girl, Bubbles. He came home looking refreshed and happy after some good quality retail therapy too! We all know how invigorating that can be!

He is now the happy owner of some quality up-to-date Sharks garments. He always glows when he can wear current supporter's gear!

He was only home for about four hours when he had to leave to meet another mate in The Bay for dinner. Again, he had a nice time.

It's good to have him home.

It's also good to finally see the beginning of Wimbledon Tennis Championships tonight!

Aussie, Samantha Stosur has already won her first round match, and the only other Australian playing tonight is Sam Groth. Right now, I'm watching Djokovic play Ward.

I'm considering heading to bed. I don't think Sam Groth can beat the Japanese player, Kei Nishikori, who is seeded fifth and I'd really like to watch Nick Kyrgios and Bernard Tomic play tomorrow night. There are eighteen Australians playing this year and most of them will be playing tomorrow night, so I'm thinking that a good night's sleep will be helpful for me to enjoy tomorrow night's play.

I have fresh clean bamboo sheets to slide in between tonight, which is another reason am feeling enticed!

My morning was quite busy. I worked, bought my coffee, collected my mail, cleared out the back bedroom, washed three loads of bedding and towels, remade our bed, cooked lunch, cleaned the kitchen, fed the chooks, collected the eggs and swept the floors.

I sat down at about 2pm and wasn't required to move again until right now!

Nite all!  

No comments: