Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Happy Saturday

I woke up feeling much better today. Stomach cramps gone and plenty of energy to take on the world and Chicklet!

We had a happy day with lots of laughter and playing. Whenever her energy levels looked like getting out of control, we would take some 'quiet time' and bring things back to a sane level.

The Batman and Friends figurines got a workout today and we played hide'n'seek with them for a good couple of hours. The 'Zombies v Plants' game app also got a good workout. I downloaded a version of it onto my iPad and we swapped games competing for the championship. She is definitely her Grandmother's Granddaughter ... so competitive!!

She showed me lots of apps on her iPad and explained how to play each one, which was fun.

We read three stories tonight and when I told her to curl up like a dragon ready for sleep, she rolled over and without uttering another word, was asleep within five minutes.

I calculated that we received about 60mm of rain overnight and today. The wind didn't get too bad and the room that I'm sleeping in, on this visit, is much quieter in the wet weather, than the back room. I noticed that the weather was coming from that direction, so it was quite loud against the windows.

The Bare-chested Chef was surprised that I slept so well because, as he stated "It was a loud night!"

I'm missing watching the football with Adoring Husband tonight, but keeping an eye on the scores. It's Super Saturday and three games are being shown live on Foxtel. I'm disappointed that my team lost against the Auckland Warriors tonight.

Looks like it could be an early night for me .. ready for a big Sunday .. final day of babysitting, and the weather will be much improved, so we might get to the park and have some outside play time.

As always, I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with Chicklet. She's crazy and fun and clever and a real joy to be with - exhausting but wonderful!

Nite all.

No comments: