Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Food on my Mind

It's been a foodie kind of day today.

My usual lazy morning in bed, so I didn't actually leave the house until about 9.30am.

Into my trike basket, I packed Paleo recipe books and a shoe box (containing shoes) for The Motivator and a container of frozen butter chicken (from our freezer) and three dvds for Mum H, who is bored at home and recovering from a form of stroke (blocked spinal artery). She is doing ok, but is weak and tired .. as you would be after something so major.

I bought my coffee and a few groceries before dropping in to see The Motivator, who was multitasking. She was selling a boat load of sand crabs, and between customers, was sitting outside sorting through her Paleo recipes. She's been busy making bone broth and activating nuts and butter chicken and planning her paleo future.

Two and a half hours later, I said my goodbyes and headed up the hill to see Mum H. The timing was a bit off because a friend of hers was turning up an hour early to take her out for drive, so I didn't get to spend much time with her. I gave her the chicken and the DVDs and high tailed it home.

First of all, I browned the lamb shanks and and filled the slow cooker with goodness to simmer on low for eight hours.

While that was cooking, I prepared a chicken curry to freeze for future meals ...


During that cooking process, I munched my way through two sand crabs that I'd bought from The Motivator.


Dinner was a big bowl of raspberries, blueberries and salted caramel coconut ice cream. I didn't take a photo of that though .. I was in too much of a hurry to eat it!

While watching the football tonight, I planned my first week's menu on the AIP (auto-immune protocol) paleo program and printed out the shopping list. I don't officially start until next Sunday, so I have plenty of time to get organised.

So, as you can tell, food has been the order of the day.

Now I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: