Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Blustery Day

It has been a cold blustery day.

Not as cold as down south, but for us, very chilly.

I left the bedroom window open last night, so that the very strong cold wind blew in over the bed, then snuggled down under the doona to keep warm and comfortable. Perfect sleeping weather.

It was too cold for me to get out of bed early, so I stayed there until after 10am. The only reason I left the bed, was to ride to the shop to get my coffee and check the mail, then I returned home and climbed back into bed!

I would probably have stayed there all day, except I'd made arrangements to go visit Mum H to find out how her medical test results went, so I got out of bed at 12.45pm and went for another ride.

Right now, I'm sitting on the couch wearing jeans, a t-shirt, a sloppy joe and ugh boots ... more clothes than I've worn for a very long time ... probably since the road trip down south last year, which is exactly a year ago today!


I'm glad we're not road tripping right now, with all that snow about in NSW!

The tennis is on and I'm watching Kyrgios play Stepanek. Kyrgios (the Aussie) is winning and next to play will be Bernard Tomic (also Aussie) against Verdasco. I hope to watch that match in it's entirety and then I will attempt to sleep.

The lady's luncheon is on tomorrow and I need to be ready by 10am, so I would really appreciate it if Tomic could win quickly.

I believe it might be dressing gown time.

Nite all.

No comments: