Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Perfect For Me

Thanks to Adoring Husband, I had my coffee brought to me in bed this morning, which was perfect because I wasn't really keen to get out of bed and go riding for it myself. You know, I just wanted a lazy Sunday morning where I could stay in bed for as long as I wanted and not feel guilty about it?

It was about 9.30am when I finally decided to get up.

We had to go into The Bay to pick up my new food processor that was being replaced under warranty.


We decided to attempt to find somewhere for lunch, but considering that today is Mother's Day, we didn't hold out much hope of finding a table anywhere. We hit the jackpot on our first attempt. One of our favourite spots, Aquavue, had free tables and I ordered my favourite prawn, mango and macadamia salad.

Adoring Husband ordered crumbed calamari salad, which was a bit naughty because it wasn't gluten free, but it looked delicious!


The waitress there, somebody we have never seen there before, talked to us as if we were regulars and was very chirpy and super friendly. When she saw me taking a photo of Adoring Husband with his meal in front of him, she rushed over and asked "Would you like me to take a photo of you together?" as she almost snatched the phone out of my hands!


You can see the bemused look on my face, and her super high energy almost led me to suspect drugs!

After lunch we drove to JB Hi-Fi and bought 3 dvds, with the intention of spending the afternoon watching them at home. We got 'Sisters', 'The Dressmaker' and 'Far From The Madding Crowd'. We only watched two of them today and AH was as pleasantly surprised with 'The Dressmaker' as I was when I first watched it.

I'm hoping to see 'Mother's Day' at the cinema this week.

So it's been a perfect day for me, doing all the things I enjoy ... staying in bed late, eating and watching movies. I heard from two of my kids for Mother's Day and I'm a bit worried about the one that didn't contact me, because she's never missed a mothers day before. I even got a text from her boyfriend. I will call her tomorrow to make sure she's ok.

AH bought some beautiful flowers for me during the week too ...


So I've enjoyed my day, as I hope all of you have :)

Nite all.

No comments: