Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Kinda Kondari

It was a lovely morning tea with the girls today, where we gently celebrated Rebel Mardi's birthday with home made carrot and pecan muffins (by me) and orange and date muffins (by Beauty), and with a happy red balloon tied to her chair .. that was a sign for any passers-by to wish her a Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Rebel Mardi/Kaz :) I hope you enjoyed your day and felt some warm and fuzzies.

From there, the Speckled Hen, Reality TV Queen, Chef Pat and I headed into The Bay to test out the restaurant where we will be lunching with our lady's group this month. I liked it very much. Even Reality TV Queen gave it the thumbs up! She had grilled fish with chips and salad and even though the fish was well cooked, she said it lacked some flavour, but overall, was nice.

Kondari Resort

I had Barker's Creek pork cutlet with chilli glaze sauce on a bed of mash and salad. The pork and the glaze sauce was delicious. I barely touched the mash, but the salad choices from the salad bar were great.

The Speckled Hen had Lamb's Fry and Bacon. Chef Pat had Battered Fish and Chips. Four satisfied customers.

The pub had a nice atmosphere and the staff were friendly and welcoming, so I'm looking forward to returning there at the end of the month.

Today is May 4th ...




... one more time with feeling ... May the 4th be with you!

Tomorrow is Thursday and I have set myself the mission of cleaning and decluttering my work area. It's going to be a massive undertaking and I hope to post the 'after' photo here tomorrow evening.

Wish me luck!

Nite all.


No comments: