Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 30, 2016

Happy Monday

How cold was it on Sunday night!? I was sleeping on top of the doona and under the light duvet and spent half the night shivering, but couldn't bear the thought of exposing my body to the cold air long enough to get under the warm bedding! Crazy.

The temperature got down to 7C this morning, which is very cold for this part of the world, however, once the sun rose, the weather warmed up quickly and it turned into a pleasantly mild day. Mild enough for me to comfortably wear jeans!

On my way to get my morning coffee, I bumped into Reality TV Queen, who was walking two borrowed dogs and she invited me to accompany her into The Bay while she bought a new toilet seat and some accessories for one of her borrowed dogs.

I eagerly agreed, even though she intended on visiting my least favourite shop in the universe .. Bunnings!

We also shopped in K-Mart, which is one of my favourite shops for reasonably inexpensive goodies. I got some more tea towels to replace my turmeric stained cloths, a new bed for Ruby and a clothes stand for when I do my ironing.

The RSL Club was our lunchtime destination and it was there that we discovered Chef Pat who was having an early lunch, and then while we were looking for a table to sit down, we found Shazzam with her husband, so we sat with them to eat, which was very pleasant!

A quick flutter on the pokies and then we were off to the supermarket for some groceries and we were home by 3.30pm. It was a good day and it's always nice to spend some quality time with Reality TV Queen. She's a crack up!

I sold the fourth of my five text books today, through Gumtree, so I'm pretty happy with that kind of success inside one week. I still have one book remaining, which is the most expensive of the books, but time will tell.

I hear a warm doona calling my name tonight! I will climb under there immediately, so that I don't have to think about it again before morning. Cosy and comfy straight away.

Nite all.

No comments: