Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Happy Hummer

I wish Australia had a native Hummingbirds. I love them so much! This is a great story ...



I collected my sand crabs from The Motivator this morning and ate three of them for lunch. I still have two more to pig out on tomorrow, which makes me very happy. I love sand crab season!

I found a great app today. Since I stopped being 100% paleo, my ability to fall asleep immediately has been greatly reduced. At first, I found an app to live stream any radio station in the world, and I was listening to some classic 60s, 70s and 80s music, which lulled me to sleep quite well.

That worked for about three weeks, but soon my brain noise began overriding the music, so today I searched for an app with sleeping sounds, white noise and meditations. It's called 'Relax Melodies: Sleep Zen Sounds and White Noise for Meditation, Yoga and Baby Relaxation'

It has the sounds of river, ocean, rain, winds, birds, flute, piano, thunder, campfire, wind chimes, slow waves, frogs, cat purring, grandfather clock, wind in the trees, brahms lullaby and many many more. It also has guided meditations for sleep therapy, attracting success, creativity, concentration etc etc.

It gives you the option to create your own sleeping sounds by combining the different noises. It also gives you the option to pay money, which buys a large number of other sounds, guided meditations and white noises.

There is a clock so that you can set it to turn off after a certain time.

The ones that disturb me the most, are the running water sounds, because they make me want to pee and then there is a campfire, which would be wonderful to fall asleep to, but if I woke up to the sound of fire, I would be awake and jumping out of bed screaming "I think the house is on fire!!!" Then the adrenalin pumping through my body would stop me from falling back to sleep!

There are a couple of urban sounds too, like the sound of traffic going past your house, or trains in the distance .. they are a bit disturbing, but I remember when Bubbles lived on a main road and came up here to visit, the silence prevented her from relaxing and falling asleep at night, so I guess the traffic sounds would have been helpful for her at that time.

Tonight will be the test for me, so I'll report back tomorrow!

Let the test begin ...

Nite all.

No comments: