Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 20, 2016

A Good Hearty Chuckle

Vegan Chickie shared this on FB today and it had me laughing so hard, I had tears. Watch it to the end and I guarantee that you will feel those endorphins surging through your body.



It was just in the nick of time because I was sad to see my Broncos team lose by one point to the Cowboys tonight, but instead of crying sad tears, I shed some happy ones!

Nothing of any significance happened today. We had planned on attending the Maryborough Show for the first time ever, but after the car played up yesterday, I decided that I didn't want to drive in it until it was checked out. Especially out on the highway.

We started our quiet day with a cooked breakfast.

Adoring Husband had a little bit of work to do at the SES shed in preparation for the two day course this weekend, and while he was gone, I did a search for a movie that I've been looking for.

It was a movie that I watched about half a dozen times when I was seventeen years old. I remembered that it was an Australian movie and one of the main characters (who I had the hots for) was American. I remembered that there was a really fast car in it, like a Porsche or a Ferrari (it was actually a Corvette) and I remembered that it was based on the Gold Coast somewhere.

I started looking for it about two years ago, without success.

Today, finally, I found it!!!

It's called "High Rolling" and it was released in 1977. The American actor was Joseph Bottoms and Grigor Taylor was the other lead male actor. This was actually Judy Davis's first movie as well. Other actors in the movie were Wendy Hughes, Gil Tucker, Terry Norris and Gus Mercurio.

You can watch the preview of the movie here.

If you have the time and want to watch all one hour and twenty two minutes of the movie, go here!

I watched it while AH was out and I enjoyed it almost as much today, as I did 29 years ago! The Joseph Bottoms of 1977 still looks pretty hot to me and he is still acting today, but I'm not so smitten with the old Joseph Bottoms (call me fickle).

Young Joseph Bottoms ...


Old Joseph Bottoms ...


Anyway, I relived a little bit of my youth today and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Nite all.


No comments: