Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 29, 2016

Wreck it Roz

So I was making some ice cream tonight.

Frozen banana, maple syrup, nut butter, coconut milk and shaved chocolate. Chuck it all in the food processor and whizz until it's smooth and creamy. I've made it twice before without any issues.

Not tonight.

I turned on my very expensive food processor and it went clunk, clunk, bang, bang, crack, crack, SILENCE.

When I pulled it apart, the bowl had a small crack in it and beneath the bowl, the base was shaved and shredded and split. It's not very old, so we're hoping it's still under warrantee. I have no idea how or why that happened, but I'm not happy Jan!!

I actually did some housework today and then cooked up a big lunch of sweet potato mash, broccoli, carrots, sausages in onion gravy. I am a bit partial to sausages with onion gravy.

We had a big lunch because Adoring Husband had SES training tonight.

Remember the other day when I posted the link to cleaning soap scum from your shower? No? Well here it is again ...

Cleaning Soap Scum

I tried it today and it was pretty good. You need to wear a face mask, because the fumes coming from the mixture are pretty strong! I used 'Earth' dishwashing liquid, instead of 'Dawn' and it possibly isn't the best one to use because it is lacking a lot of the ingredients that are in the more toxic dishwashing liquids like Palmolive or Sunlight or Morning Fresh.

It definitely reduced the scrubbing/rubbing/wiping time considerably and it worked well on the tiles and the chrome fittings too.

I will use it again.

I found this today and thought it was very moving .. both happy and sad.



I can't believe that it's rapidly approaching 1am already. Best head to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: