Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 18, 2016

Pretty Much Ready

I giggled most of the way through this one.



I saw my boys this morning, then visited the Blonde Bombshell for coffee, before coming home to finish off the dog food that I couldn't be bothered doing last night.

There is a second batch of chicken broth ready to be frozen now.

I am partially packed for my trip to the Sunny Coast.

Thank goodness the train doesn't arrive until after midday tomorrow, so I will have plenty of time to finish off a few loose ends before I leave.

After seeing my 'on this day' posts on facebook this morning, I spent a lot of time dreaming about having a clean work area.


I would love to start again just like this, so when I return home from this trip, I'm going to do a complete clean out and declutter. There is a lot of stuff in my work area that is being 'stored' and not 'used' so it's time to get rid of it and make my work space usable and a more enjoyable place to be.

That's my plan for next week!

My other plan for next week, is to enjoy lunch with the ladies - how quickly our monthly lady's luncheons come around!

Nite all.

No comments: