Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Lovely Lunch

Hervey Bay Golf Club was the destination for lunch today.

I ordered 'main meal size' Grilled King Prawns, which should have had 6 king prawns on a bed of rice with a seafood aioli. Well, I received 6 king prawn heads, but only 4 bodies! My generous friend, Chef Pat, who was sitting beside me, offered me one of her prawns, which was lovely.

I was encouraged to tell the staff about the shortcomings of my meal, but when I told the woman taking our payments, she simply said "Oh ok, I will let him know."

I didn't complain, but stated a fact. Perhaps I should have made more of a scene, and perhaps I should have said "Well let me wait here while you tell him now."

I don't believe that she let anybody know, so this evening, I constructed an email to the club and sent it via their website 'contact us' facility, explaining my displeasure at both the meal, and the response I received when I advised them of their error. It will be interesting to see if they respond.

Today, I chose NOT to have more drinks at the Speckled Hen's house, as a few of us usually do after our lunches, and they drove me directly home instead. I walked in the door, to discover that Adoring Husband had eaten the last four of the muffins that I made yesterday, so I stepped into the kitchen and immediately made another dozen!

That was six hours ago and there are STILL a dozen muffins in the kitchen as we speak!

I'm now going to bed, to take advantage of the deliciously cool breeze floating through the bedroom window.

Nite all.  

No comments: