Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Just Relax

I was running just a touch late this morning.

I should have been at morning tea by 8.30am. I opened my eyes from a good night's sleep, at 8.38am!!

I jumped out of bed, had an incredibly fast shower, added a tiny touch of make-up and jumped on my trike, to arrive at morning tea by 9am. That's pretty quick hey???!

From there, I came home for yet another quick change, to get picked up by Rebel Mardi at 10.45-ish so that we could see a movie in The Bay. Maid Marian and Lady Lynn joined us for the movie "Brooklyn" starring Saoirse Ronan.

It was very much like "Lady in the Van", in that nothing much really happened in the movie, but it was still very good. Quite emotive in parts and giving us reason to judge on one hand, but on the other hand, wonder about our own life's choices, or what we would do in the same situation as the movie's main character, Eilis, especially considering the era that it was set (1950s).

I enjoyed it very much.

Afterwards, we got to enjoy a little retail therapy while Rebel Mardi attended an appointment.

Tonight, I made a quick dinner of chilli chicken wings with salad, so all round, and considering how the day began, it has been a pleasant and relaxing day.

Just to add to the relaxation process, I was watching Rachel Hunter's 'Tour of Beauty' where she travels all over the world and uncovers beauty secrets from different countries. She attempts or experiences everything from ayurvedic health practises to beauty treatments to yoga, meditation, mineral baths etc etc etc.

Tonight, while in India, she tried Yoga Nidra. It very much appealed to me, so I did a search in Youtube and found this for beginners...

Yoga Nidra

I've only listened to the first ten minutes of it, but will definitely get my yoga mat out and listen to it in it's entirety sometime tomorrow or Friday. I could feel my body moving into a deep relaxation in just that short time.

I have to groom the dogs tomorrow, so I think some Yoga Nidra might be in order afterwards!

Meanwhile, for my lovely friends who have recently begun an exercise program, I though you might find this useful ...


Now it's time for some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: