Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Autumn at Last.

I recognise this season! The air is clearer, the temperature is cooler, the colours are more vibrant and it's pleasant sleeping weather. Finally!! Autumn is here *happy dance*

Not quite as successful in the kitchen as I'd planned for today.

I did the honey chilli chicken rissoles, the apple and walnut muffins, finished the broth, partly did the dog food - which I'll finish tonight (after I've signed off here), but I decided not to do the chocolate tart.

I cooked duck breast for dinner tonight, served with pumpkin mashed with chilli coconut mayo and roasted walnuts, carrot, broccoli and bok choy.

I have all day tomorrow to clear out the fridge, juice the fruit and finish all our leftovers, so that there is room in the fridge for the FROG box contents on Thursday.

Oh and I have to do all of my washing before I go too!

I found this today and it's pretty spectacular ...



Nothing else worth sharing tonight.

Happy Monday to you all!

Nite all.

No comments: