Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 9, 2016

A Start

I spent 90 minutes attempting to groom one of the psychotic dogs today.

The older she becomes, the less Colli likes to be groomed. Once upon a time, she would lie or sit or stand exactly where I put her, and not move until I was finished. She was so easy.

Now, she dislikes it immensely, and I'm lucky to get her to sit still for 5 minutes at a time. She's jumpy and growly and I'm sure that one time soon, she is going to bite me!

Today, I kept a little ball of raw mince under the towel and every ten minutes I told her what a good girl she was and gave her a little piece of mince. I must say that it did not work a treat, but I got 90 minutes of her time, until she decided that she was done.

I estimate that it will take another hour to finish her properly, which I hope to do tomorrow.

Adoring Husband bought me some salon quality scissors this afternoon, so that should make the job a little easier. She doesn't like the electric clippers .. which is why it takes me so long!

I figured that it might be interesting to see what Youtube had to offer on dog grooming...



This dog is much better behaved that Colli, that's for sure.

When she wouldn't let me do any more, I figured that I would give her a bath to wash off any loose hair. I set the hose attachment to the tap in the laundry tub, lay a clean towel down and brought the scissors in, just in case she let me do a bit more of my handy work.

Then I called her ... and I called her again ... and I searched for her ... and called her again ... I finally found her in the far back corner of the yard lying down in the long grass, quite obviously hiding from me!

I figured that if she was going to that much trouble to avoid me, I wouldn't stress her out any more with a bath. She will have no choice tomorrow though!!

Tomorrow, I will show you the 'before' and 'after' photos ... and you will understand why it took so long!

Once again, it's midnight, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: