Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

You Can't be Serious!!

Just call me 'Forgetful Jones'!!

This is a day that I'd like to forget!!

Apparently, I was supposed to join the girls for aqua-aerobics this morning.

I remember having a discussion about it. I remember saying that I would see if my swimmers fit me before I could decide whether to go. I don't remember saying that I would go .. however, I MAY have agreed to do this after a bottle of wine on Friday night .. in which case the girls simply HAVE TO forgive me because I've warned them before that all conversations on Friday nights are null and void.

I may have agreed to join them over the lady's lunch .. which also includes wine .. same rules apply.

Anyway, the girls apparently waited in my driveway this morning .. while I slept soundly.

The girls called the home phone. Adoring Husband was at home, but watching TV with his headphones, so he heard nothing. We can't hear the home phone when the bedroom door is closed, so I heard nothing.

The girls called my mobile, which was switched to silent, so once again, I heard nothing.

Upon waking up, and discovering the missed call on my mobile and the message on my home message bank, I felt confused and guilty. Ugh.

I didn't phone anyone, because tonight is the monthly barbecue, so I decided to wait and to offer my apologies at the barbecue.

Well, guess what?

By mid afternoon, I had forgotten about the barbecue. Adoring Husband had forgotten about the barbecue.

We missed the barbecue.

At 10.30pm .. just thirty minutes ago .. I remembered the barbecue.

I cursed.

Loudly.

I've been looking forward to the barbecue since last Thursday. How the hell could I forget something like that?

So today is a day that I choose to forget.

I'll see the girls in the morning at our morning tea, so I will offer my apologies and hopefully they will forgive me for forgetting two dates in twenty four hours!!

Sorry girls :(

I didn't even have a busy day. There is no excuse!!

This was nice ...



I wonder if men, anywhere in the world, would take the same kind of notice of this ad, as women?

Time for bed.

Nite all.


No comments: