Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Under the Stars

Yesterday, I was invited by The Motivator, to drive into The Bay with her, and meet with a group of people on the beach for an evening of meditation under the stars.

Meditation is on my list of 100 things to do this year, so I was very excited that she thought of me!

We picked up another lady on the way. I will call her 'Hippie of Hope'.

We arrived nice and early. They were still setting up on the beach .. not far from Enzo's .. and we introduced ourselves to the two women in charge. J1 and J2. There was a man there lighting candles that were sitting inside about twenty glass jars scattered about the allocated area.

Apparently, the group usually meditates under the full moon, but tonight, without a moon, the beach was very dark and the stars were amazing! We spotted satellites and shooting stars and we got to spend half an hour star gazing before we meditated.

There were probably 25 of us spread out over the sand. Some were sitting in folding chairs, some lying on towels, some sitting in the lotus position, some face down on their belly, some on their back. The ages ranged from 8 to 78 and everybody was happy and friendly.

At around 7pm, J1 began guiding us through the meditation. She slowly weaved her way between us all taking us, with her words, deep into the ocean with golden lights and helping us wash away our fears, our bad memories and our anger, then lifting us with thoughts of love and asking us to spread our good energy and positivity all over the planet, starting with our loved ones and spreading outward to everyone and anyone who we thought needed it.

All the while, a soft breeze was caressing our skin and waves were rolling and breaking gently on the beach as the tide came in.

It was the tide that ended our evening a little earlier than planned. The waves almost reached the toes of the people closest to the water, when J1 brought us out of our meditative trance.

The lesson I learned from tonight, is that my cane mat is not comfortable for meditation purposes. Either a yoga mat, or just a towel would be better. I took a tiny pillow for my head, which was ideal, but the cane mat was very hard under my hips and lower back and the discomfort interfered with the process.

The joys of getting older.

I didn't even think to take a photo. I was too 'in the moment' as soon as my feet touched the sand, but we'll be going for the full moon meditation in two weeks, so I'll try and capture the ambience then and share it here.

It was morning tea with the girls today. As usual, an enjoyable couple of hours. We discussed a website that I often shop at, because I opened a parcel that arrived in the mail, with items bought from there. I promised to provide a link to the site so here it is ...

Zulily

Now it is rapidly approaching 1am, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: