Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Still Withdrawing.

Word of the day: 'Somnolent' (adj) sleepy or drowsy

This is how I feel during the day while I'm withdrawing from caffeine .. but then when I go to bed at night, it takes forever to fall asleep!

I am experiencing most of these symptoms ...



... and that's why my blog posts will be short and erratic for the next few days.

We are still working our way through the jobs on the board, although Adoring Husband didn't do his chore today - instead he pinned it face up on the board, so I guess he might get to it tomorrow. I like to watch the cards disappear each day.

I made paleo lamb moussaka for dinner tonight. I haven't made it before and I didn't follow the recipe because it was quite late when I started dinner and I didn't have the time to do it by the book, so I adapted it to suit my time restrictions. It worked well.

It might be time for me to go to bed. If I go now, I might fall asleep by midnight if I'm lucky.

Nite all.


No comments: