Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Making Sense

I follow a young woman on FB named Jessie Reimers. She has high functioning Aspergers on the Autism Spectrum. She is both inspiring and worrying.

I met her eighteen months ago, in The Bay, at a health seminar. We shared common beliefs as far as food and medicine and health is concerned and she was fighting her inner fears, to stand before a crowd of about fifty women, to talk about essential oils. It was her first experience talking in front of a crowd as she endeavoured to sell Doterra Essential Oils.

Since that day, she has become one of Doterra's highest selling members. She has come a LONG way and in 2017 will be embarking on a year long tour of Australia, spreading the Doterra word.

She is very open and honest and really doesn't have a filter (an Asperger's trait), so she often purges her negativity and self doubts on FB for all the world to see. On the other hand, she also regularly counts her blessings and talks about all the wonderful positive experiences that she has welcomed.

She has many loyal followers and she has appeared, a number of times, on TV promoting her petition to stop The Heart Foundation and their 'tick and star' programs.

Today, she posted this link about Aspergers, which I found very interesting. Many of these traits I could strongly relate to, and I wonder how many of my friends feel the same way? As BGWLBH often says, "we all have a little bit of autism in us".

It was raining this morning, so I didn't pedal to the Seat of Knowledge. Instead, I spent thirty minutes standing at my ironing board and then showered and washed my hair. I sat at my desk for about an hour editing some photos, then Adoring Husband and I went for a drive to check the mail and drop the usb stick with photos off at Mardi's place.

I cooked a big lunch and spent the afternoon watching a couple of movies. Adam Sandler in 'Bulletproof' and Gwyneth Paltrow in 'Emma'. I really enjoyed 'Emma', which surprised me, because I'm not generally a fan of period movies.

AH picked up the FROG box this afternoon and has tonight, attended SES training at the local shed.

Great to see Cowboys thrash Roosters 40-nil tonight in the first NRL match of the weekend!

That's if from me.

Nite all.

No comments: