Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Lots of Jobs!

Word of the day:

'Dysania' (n) the state of finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning.

I do love my bed, and most mornings I enjoy spending an hour sitting up in bed reading or using my iPad. Some days I definitely experience dysania.

It seems, by the many comments (on FB, private messages, emails and here), about how many jobs are on my board, that the rest of the world is a lot better organised and more efficient than I!!

I hope that one day I will become proficient at 'adulting' .. OR .. I will give up, and continue excelling at being a middle aged teenage hippie with no interest in being house proud.  There is always something more fun or more enjoyable or more relaxing to do, than housework.

My vision board didn't quite come to fruition today. I have a pile of magazines stacked beside my 'spot' on the couch, with a pair of scissors and a small box to store the pictures and words and symbols that I choose, but between Facebooking, watching two games of football, cooking lunch and dinner and completing my job off the board, I didn't quite reach the high motivational requirement to be as creative as I wish to be for this board.

Perhaps tomorrow will be the day. Photo still to come!

I'm starting the 10 week paleo way program again tomorrow.

Having re-introduced certain foods into my diet, my body is sliding back into it's unhappy 'pre-paleo' state. Too much coffee, dairy, potatoes, rice and sugary fruit has helped see the return of aching joints, broken sleep, fluctuating energy levels, duller skin and crazy mood swings.

I want to feel vibrant, energetic, calm and glowy again .. especially after all the work I've had on my mouth to help me reach a healthier state.

So it seems that I'm trying to gain control in a few areas of my life at the moment!

Tomorrow morning, I'd like to find my way to the water and possibly catch some wind surfers out practising. Burrum Windfest is on this week, so I might dust the camera off and attempt some action photography.

That means I need to sleep now.

Nite all.    

No comments: