Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Friendly

'Friends' is probably my favourite TV series of all time (Sex and the City, Gilmore Girls, The Big Bang Theory, Will and Grace, ER and Cheers are other faves).

A couple of interesting facts about 'Friends' ...

1.  For the first season all six actors were paid $22,000 per episode but by the second season their contracts changed to different amounts for each character. The cast banded together and negotiated until all six of them earned $100,000 per episode. This makes them one of the first casts to negotiate salaries as a group rather than boycotting for individual reasons. By the final season they each earned $1 million per episode.

2.  The show would've been much different had the beloved six not been cast. Kathy Griffin and Jane Lynch both auditioned for Phoebe, Jon Favreau and Jon Cryer both went out for Chandler, and Eric McCormack (Will, from Will and Grace) read several times for Ross.

3.  Matthew Perry went into rehab twice during the show for abuse of prescription drugs and alcohol. He says that while he often came to work hung over, he never drank or did drugs on set.

Speaking of drugs, I found this little piece on addiction very interesting ...



Morning tea with the girls was a lot of fun today. Loud ... but fun!

I'm posting this early today. I am about to clean off my desk, so that I can set it up for guitar lessons. I need room on the desk for my laptop to watch Youtube videos and I need space for my butt on the chair in front of the laptop which will be on my desk.

Here is the 'before photo' ...


Watch this space for the 'after' photo ... I just can't guarantee when :)

Today is Vegan Chickie's birthday! She has had an extended birthday this year and so far, seems to have had a great time! Happy birthday lovely daughter. I hope you enjoyed your birthday picnic with the loves of your life today :)

Nite all.


No comments: