Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Cluelessly Strumming

I saw my boys this morning and spent 45 minutes sitting by the river enjoying the view.

You can tell that the season is changing because the air is different, the water is clearer and a deeper blue, and the sea life is abundant and in full view. I could sit on the steps with my legs calf deep in the tepid water for hours. Energising and healing.

I checked for our mail at the Post Office and then visited The Motivator for a couple of hours. She was selling fish, so we had plenty of interruptions from customers, but we still got a few good laughs in.

Adoring Husband was attending to SES duties so I came home and prepared his lunch before he arrived home. I had plans to visit Mum H after lunch, but down came the rains! So we postponed our date.

Instead, I sat on the couch and aimlessly strummed my guitar. I studied my book and attempted to learn some chords, but honestly, I have no idea!! I was going to spend the afternoon in Youtube and watch some lessons, but then I got distracted with housework.

What??!!!

Things are bad when I use housework as a procrastination tool!

I am NOT defeated .. I AM intimidated .. but I can do it! Small steps and slowly does it.

That is my day.

Surprisingly, I didn't require a nana nap today! At 8pm last night, I ate some food with pure raw cacao in it, and have since discovered that it is a stimulant and can cause insomnia! It kept me awake til 4.30am!! I was out of bed by 7.30am, so I've powered through the day on 3 hours of sleep!

I expected to crash and burn some time in the afternoon, but it didn't happen. It's now 9.30pm and I'm still feeling fine. I'll attempt a reasonably early night anyway.

Looking forward to morning tea with the girls tomorrow.

Nite all.


No comments: