Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 29, 2016

Maximum Minimum Effort

For me, when it comes to housework, it's always minimum work, but maximum effort. You know that, because I've explained it here in the past.

I would rather pick one job and do it well, than spend hours doing a lot of jobs badly.

This is kind of contradictory because even though I WANT my house to be spotless and perfect, my motivation levels don't allow me to do housework often enough, and that means, my house is never completely clean. *rolls eyes* Okay, it means that my house is almost always messy.

Today, I found a little motivation and cleaned the main bathroom and toilet. I also did some washing and made some chilli paste.

Chilli paste was on my 'to do' list for February, so I only just made it in the nick of time! I completed all but one item on my list this month. My desk/office didn't get touched, so it will be on top of my March list.

Thanks to Lady Lynn and The Lifesaver, I tossed my chillies (three big bags) into the food processor with coconut oil and avocado oil and some salt. I whizzed it to a paste and then plopped spoonfuls into 95 mini muffin patties and placed them on a tray into the freezer.



Once they were frozen, I put the patty pans into a container so that I can simply remove one whenever I need it.

I swept the floors. The worst thing about having three dogs and a husband who works out in the garden, is the amount of dirt and grass that gets traipsed into the house every day. I sweep a full dustpan of muck out of the house every day.

I detest housework! It really is 'never' done. If only the fresh and clean would last for days instead of minutes .. or if we're lucky .. hours.

I found this movie trailer today, and even though it's a kid's movie, it looks hilarious. We all have pets, so we can all relate to the cheekiness and quirkiness of the animals here.



I'll definitely look forward to watching this with Chicklet.

Tonight, I'm setting myself up to watch the Academy Awards. I may have to record the second half, because it goes til 1.30am and I doubt I'll stay up that late!

So nite all.

No comments: