Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Impulsivity

I made the impulsive decision to head into The Bay with The Reality TV Queen today, to share her belated birthday lunch at the RSL. She received a meal voucher from them for her birthday and she had to use it before the expiry date, which was actually yesterday, but even though she went in there to use it yesterday, she'd accidentally left the voucher at home in another handbag!

After explaining her situation to the lady at reception, she was lucky enough to have her voucher extended so that she could use it today! That was nice of them.

While I was in town, I bought myself a set of sketch pencils in a case from the art and craft store. I also bought an A4 size sketch pad.


It's been quite some time since I practised my art and, like anything, it takes a lot of practise to be proficient. I'll see how my motivation levels go.

I actually wanted to buy some oil paints and brushes to get back into painting, but a 37ml tube of reasonable quality oil paint costs more than $25. I would need at least six colours to start and I'm not sure if I can stay motivated enough to justify paying that much for the supplies.

If I focus on the sketching and the spark comes alive inside of me, than I will certainly outlay the money for some new supplies.

My other purchase today, was of something that will surprise you I'm sure ... shoes! Just some fancy green and blue bejewelled thongs.

While in the shoe shop, we were advised of the storm warnings that were current and the flood warning for the Burrum River, and as it began to rain, we rushed to the car hoping to beat the storms home.

Before we even got to the outskirts of The Bay, the rain stopped and even though there was plenty of water on the sides of the road, the skies cleared and the sun was shining by the time we arrived in my driveway.

It's still terribly hot and uncomfortably humid. Storms are forecast for the rest of the week, but the weather should cool down by the weekend. We can only hope!

I shared this video on facebook this morning. I think it runs for about 18 minutes and is a viewing 'must'!



It's well after midnight, so I'm outta here!

Nite all.

No comments: