Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Fixing the Mental and Emotional

Tonight, after a conversation about my fear of not just storms, but the possibility of approaching storms and also other strange quirks in my personality, including my refusal to get counselling for the PTSD that resulted from the tornado in 2013, Vegan Chickie described me as ...

"A riddle wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma"

Many many years ago Winston Churchill described Russia this way, though I doubt that he uttered those words with love, the way (I hope) that Vegan Chickie did!

It is true. There is healing required. I've worked so hard on my physical health, but have neglected my mental and emotional health. Counselling is an option that I 'may' consider in the future .. maybe.

Meanwhile, there are lots of other things that I can try, like meditation and mindfulness!!

My brother told me about a series on the ABC about training your brain to do all sorts of things. I believe there were two seasons of this show and I found them on youtube tonight. I haven't watched an episode yet, but I have watched a few of the short segments and this is one on mindfulness ...



I would like to find the time to watch a few more of these shows. I might discover some new ways to nurture my mental and emotional state.

Again, it's heading towards 1am and I need to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: